Nova Group has been one of the top Hartford, CT interior and exterior painting contractors for more than 10 years and we have numerous residences and happy owners that will recommend us. Give us a call today and ask for our satisfied clients recommendations.
We feature a lot of construction services in Hartford CT, area, including exterior and interior painting for your home or office.
So, whether you will need interior or exterior painting services in Hartford, CT or just trying to find a way to improve your home we are the specialists you need.
We can make sure that all your requirements are met and that your project will be successfully completed as fast as we can while trying to make sure your house gets the attention that it deserves.
Our Hartford painting team will do its best to provide top quality work and at the same time try to offer you the best cost on the market. We also strive to make our project run as smoothly as possible, trying to disturb your daily schedule as little as possible.
For all these to happen, our Hartford painting team will work with you closely to make sure everything is properly set up before we actually begin the project.
We are deeply aware of the fact that you will need to stay on budget with your project and making sure you got all aspects covered will help greatly with providing more accurate costs for the project.
Tips for a successful interior or exterior painting project in Hartford:
- Get a clear ideea about what alterations needs to be done
- Choose your paint and color. You can start collecting paint chips to make sure you can have a good ideea about available paint colors, but hold off making the final decision until you have developed a color schema for the entire room or house.
- Even if it's a project that involves the whole house, we recommend that you paint one room at a time. This way your daily schedule will be most likely undisturbed and you will have more room at your disposal to move your belongings around
- Identify the areas with problems that need fixing prior to actually start painting (cracked walls, fixtures that need repairs, peeling paint, mold)
Preparation steps we take for any Hartford interior painting project:
- All furniture is moved into the center of the room or in another room if sufficient space is available
- Wall and ceiling fixture are removed.
- Floors are covered with drop cloths.
- Walls are sanded and scuffed.
- Any damages, such as cracks and holes are fixed using the finest materials available on market
- Painting is completed only using the finest paints available
- Repaired areas are primed.
- Furniture is moved back to original positions.
- Wall and ceiling fixtures are put back in their place.
- Floors and carpets are thoroughly vacuumed and swept.
- All garbage is removed.
Preparation steps that we recommend for any Hartford exterior painting project
- You first need to work around the house before you can work on the house. You need to protect the plants that are near the house, cover air conditioning units and BBQ grills. You don't want to damage your surrounding landscape plantings so you should cover them using canvas drop cloths instead of plastic tarps.
- Remove all appliances that are attached to the house (light fixtures, mailbox, shutter, decorations). If any of these require patching or painting now it would be a good time to fix them. They should be in top condition, just ready to re-attach to the house once the painting is done.
- The exterior could be power washed or hand scraping and sanding to remove loose paint and to make sure the new paint coating will adhere properly to the surface. If you decided to use power washing then make sure you will give it enough time to dry properly. If your walls are not completely dry before painting then they could develop mold or the paint may start peeling soon.
- Scrape and sand the old paint in such a way that all remaining paint has a very good grip to the surface. This will prevent future paint coating from peeling away or cracking.
- Any damages, such as cracks, holes or badly damaged wood must be tackled before painting.
- Final step before starting the paint process is to give the house a wash. This will remove grease, dust, loose or flaking paint and will make the paint adhere better.
- Wait for at least a week after this final step, to give your house a chance to dry properly. Cover your windows, doors and any other elements that do not need painting.
- Remove coverings from your windows and doors
- Remove the drop cloths that you placed on your plantings
- Reattach all your appliances.
For more information on siding projects click here.
Contact Nova Group today (860-997-5949) to learn how we can help you with your painting project.